Here are some answers to the most common questions posed to our practice. We hope by posting these answers that you may understand our procedures and office policies so we may provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective services.
- We can usually see you the same day for urgent problems such as ear infections, bad coughs, chest pain, etc. Please call as early in the day as possible.
- If several members in the same family need to be seen at the same time, please let the receptionist know ahead of time so we can allocate adequate time for everybody.
- Please avoid making back-to-back appointments for check-ups as much as possible.
- When you make an appointment, that time slot is reserved for you. Please let us know at least 24 hours ahead of time when you cannot keep your appointment.
- There will be a minimum $90.00 charge ($155.00 for complete physicals) for “no-shows”, cancellations with less than 24 hours notice, or cancellations for appointments made the same day. Those with two or more such “no-shows” or cancellations without adequate notice may be asked to seek the services of another physician.
- Calls in the morning will be answered during lunch hour (1:00-2:00 PM). Calls in the afternoon will be answered after 5:00 PM.
Referrals to Specialists
- Except for emergencies, please make an appointment with us before seeing a specialist. We will decide if it is necessary to refer you to a specialist.
- Some insurances require prior authorization from us. If you see a specialist without prior authorization, you will need to pay the specialist yourself. Insurance companies do not allow for retroactive referrals.
- Patients and physicians must work as a team. Please follow our instructions as closely as possible. Follow-up appointments are important if (a) you are told to return (b) if you do not improve within a reasonable period of time.